Tuesday 14 February 2012

Black & Spiro Today


A trip away always has me coming home planing a complete overhaul of the shop.  This week has started with us ordering new fabrics for curtains, window drops, armchairs, cushions and some new cabinetry to house our growing collection of vintage pieces like jugs, vases, plates etc.

We also have a very limited number of our I Love New York cushions in the store.  This year we have pink ones as well as white ones and on the back of each cushion is a special Black & Spiro fabric.



This vintage oil painting is one I purchased in NY and is now hanging in the store waiting for someone to take it home.  I absolutely love the carved timber frame and I will say that this one is going to be very hard to let go of...



Here's a little sneak peek of some of the fabrics we have arriving in the next couple of weeks. 






And this is only the very tip of the iceberg.  There are so many beautiful things coming it will be very exciting as the boxes start arriving over the next few weeks.

Happy Valentines Day.
xx
Anna

15 comments:

pve design said...

How fun that you brought back some loves from NY.
I too love NY and the iconic Milton Glaser design.

Happy Valentine's day from NY to you Anna!
pve

Scandi Coast Home said...

I can't wait to see it all......!!!
....................................
Tania Maree xx

Kate Lewis said...

Oooooh, love the fabric!

Unknown said...

Most delightful fabrics! Surely they will fly out of the store!
Of course my heart beats faster seing these lovely pillows, especially I heart NY!(Me too)

xoxo
Happy Valentine!

Kate said...

How stunning! Best way to arrive back to my desk after a stressful visit to IKEA - your blog always lifts my spirits!

Welcome home xo

Unknown said...

I love the I (heart) NY pillow. I live in Sweden - is it possible to have it delivered to Sweden? And how much is it?

All the best, Ulrika

Chris said...

Nice pillows. Have a nice Valentin Day! In Sweden we have a lot of snow and rather cold, it´s very beutiful/ C

Anchor Cottage said...

Merry Christmas!! Have fun opening the boxes(-:

Modern Country Lady said...

It looks fabulous Anna!
Have a great Valentine's day!! XOXO Bea

Katrina said...

Love the cushions! The green is gorgeous.

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I love this years version of the I heart NY cushion. It would be perfect in those colors for my daughters room...and that oil painting is beautiful. Almost afraid to inquire about the price...I can just see it on my painted white brick wall with a few other things.

Calico Child said...

How wonderful Know wonder you are excited with all the goddie's coming in that frame is just gorgeous!! :)

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Annie, So glad you loved our pretty vintage oil painting. It has now sold. But we do have another one coming in in the next week or so.
xx
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Hi lilla - we can definitely send you one to Sweden. I will get one of the girls in the shop to email.

Thanks for your interest.

Anna
xx

Danika Herrick said...

Oh my gosh!!! I have that very same (almost) painting of the flowers painted by by my Grandmother! She took still life classes and lived in New Jersey- that has to be from the same class. What are the chances?
There is a picture of it here in a post I did about my kitchen...
http://gorgeousshinythings.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-had-pink-kitchen-or-testosterone-you.html