Sunday 4 September 2011

Happy Days


Throughout life there are many happy days which come and go.  Some we forget and some we treasure as a memory.  For me I think today was one of those days I will long remember as a very happy day with my family. 



I set up our dining table in our garden and we celebrated Fathers Day with lunch on the lawn with my parents, my brother and the boys.  I picked the flowers from our garden this morning and arranged them in a pretty crystal vase which was given to us as a Wedding gift.



Actually talking about Wedding gift, Brad & I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary last week.  I can't believe we have been married for 10 years.  Where did all that time go?  Harry left us a little reminder on the table in our lounge room.  He actually went out into the garden and picked the flowers himself and put them in the vase.  I am sure that boy will make for a wonderful husband one day...might need to do some work on his spelling though!!







Mum did all the cooking today as usual except for the Strawberries.  Some were from our garden and some were from the fruit shop.  I just cut them up and dusted them with a very small amount of icing sugar and voila they were delish!



Harry & Max played on the swing, they kicked the football, they drove Max's car around and around the garden...



They even managed to get Grandad onto the swing...



Our day ended with a messy table which is always a good sign of a fun time had by all...



And a couple of take home alfoil wrapped bunches of flowers from our garden...



Other than having my other brother, who is away working in Western Australia, here with us today I don't think I could have had a nicer day.  It was perfect in every way...

xx
Anna

27 comments:

Faux Fuchsia said...

your kids have a lot of charm. I love days like this

Unknown said...

Hello Anna

It looked to be a really lovely day and most enjoyed by all.

The crispness of colour in your photos are gorgeous.

(happy 10th anniversary too) many couples don't even get to 5 these days - so well done for you.

x
Loulou

Adla said...

So wonderful to see how colourful your family is, green pants are so hip!. I have always loved your blog, such inspiration in interior decoration. Keep up the great work! Regards from Dubai

Sandra said...

Dear Anna,
I really believe it was a perfect day :o). Love your garden, the flowers hummm beutifull.
Hugs from germany,
Sandra

Heidi said...

What a lovely sun-shiney day you have had! It's always so nice to enjoy the first spring days out in the garden with family. I love your Dad's trousers by the way - very hip!

petals and vintage said...

What a lovely family day. Your flowers are just stunning Anna. x

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Sounds like a perfect spring day and fathers day. Those home grown flowers are just stunning!

Sam's Table said...

What a special day!! It looked amazing and I am super sad that I couldn't be there to share it with you all!! The table looked spectacular.

Olga Durón said...

Hello Anna,

What awesome photos! It looked like a wonderful day was had by all! Love your flower arrangements!

Warmest regards, Olga
http://olgaduron.blogspot.com/

pve design said...

How wonderful to savour the sunny moments of life and celebrate it with a lovely table amongst the one's you love. One day, I hope you come to share my sunny table here with us! You really inspire so much goodness and gratitude!
pve

Duealberi said...

Absolutely beautiful, the flowers are so colorful!

Sharnel said...

Perfect day Anna

Patricia said...

A delightful post about your perfect day. Your garden and flowers combined with the table setting just gorgeous. How sweet is your son leaving the anniversary flowers. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

It was the perfect day for it! Lovely flowers and great yard! Happy Anniversary! x

esther said...

Beautiful, positively beautiful.

Naturally Carol said...

P.S...a tiny drop of a good balsamic vinegar added to your strawberries and icing sugar really enhances the flavour.
I love your table setting and flowers too!

StylishIrish said...

All looked amazing AND even granddad was on trend with those green pants!!

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Such a lovely day, and I am lucky enough to have a beautiful bunch of hand-picked flowers to remind me of it throughout the week! Thank you again Anna for having us all xx

a beautiful space said...

What a lovely environment you have created for your whole family. Table, flowers and garden, so styliand yet relaxed and individual and put together in your own unique way. By the way, grandad is a very snappy dresser!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I just had to drop in for a little color and inspiration and you never disappoint...even grandad is sporting some very cool green trousers and a checked shirt...your table in the garden looks so beautiful.

Fiona said...

Grandad is pretty stylish himself!

timmymolly said...

AMAZING. i love the idea of bringing the entire inside out. and the check on the chairs is perfect.

Hayley Mann said...

How cool are you?! Bringing the dining room table out on the lawn! LOVE IT!

Blue Turtle said...

You truly have an eye on beautiful things. I love dining outside with my family. Nice post you have here.

J. Lamp
writer @ Murano Lamps

Notes from Holly St. said...

love the idea of taking the dining room outdoors. and the flowers from your garden are so beautiful!

SUNDAY COLLECTOR said...

Love your dad's choice of pants - he looks very hip! What a gorgeous garden you have too.

Debra Turner said...

All I can say is, how sweet! And love the beautiful flowers ... as always.