Wednesday 3 August 2011

Things on Tables



You may wonder why I seem to have an obsession with lovely things placed on tables and chests and mantels.  I think it stems back to watching my mother arranging flowers and shells and paintings and books and bits on tables around our house and our beach house growing up.  I remember thoughts going through my head whilst she was playing around arranging things like - 'What on earth is she doing that for?  What's the point?  She is weird.'

But it seems that for some very strange reason I too now love moving things around on tables.  There is something so therapeutic about it.  I love it.  I love seeing a table in a house against a wall or behind a sofa which has so much stuff on it.  It is so interesting and really shows personality and a love of beautiful things. 

I recently came across this painting above on Pinterest by Elizabeth Cummings via Brabourne Farm blog.  It is so beautiful.  That's how I want my tablescapes at home to look.  Filled with interest and imperfection and love.

 

Talking about tablescapes I thought I would post this one above which sits in our front window at Black & Spiro at the moment.  With all that has been going on with the online store I feel like Black & Spiro has been a bit neglected of late.  Gosh it's hard juggling everything!

Oh well, all you can do is try I suppose! 
xx
Anna

10 comments:

pve design said...

Seriously, your tablescapes are glorious!
pve

MissBliss said...

What a beautiful painting-- love how you put it, tablescapes filled "interest and imperfection and love".

It's funny too that you wondered about your mom rearranging-- I remember my Nana loved to put flowers in front of mirrors, for "more flowers" ;).

Stop by to enter my very first giveaway--my new favorite book.

Jane said...

Oh, Anna! I am smitten by that blue and white inlaid box. Are you selling them online? J x

meenal bishnoi said...

i have always loved your tablescapes and vignettes, anna..you do a great job!! xx meenal

Unknown said...

Beautiful Tablescape! That may find its way to my Pinterest!
Paula ~ Mise en scène

Vic Bibby said...

Your Mum taught you well. You are my style guru when it comes to decorating. Now I am trying to acquire enough beautiful, interesting pieces to fill all my tables and shelves. xxx

Pretty Inspirational said...

I really enjoying your blog! The arrangement on your table is beautiful. I'm a big fan of blue and white porcelain, it's so versatile. The painting is beautiful too. So colorful and happy! - Melissa

Romana said...

a gorgeous tablescape anna, the different blue and whites are lovely.

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said...

AMAZING!

-new fashion illustrator-

Mélanie A. said...

Love this painting , the arrangement on your table is lovely , I love the basket with the ethnic fabric on it