Thursday 4 August 2011

Summer Is That You?


I am usually more of a Winter girl but I must admit I haven't really enjoyed Winter this year.  I have no idea why.  I am so excited about this coming Summer.  Maybe it's because I've been working really hard or maybe it's because our weather here in Brisbane this past week has been a bit warmer.  Whatever it is, I just keep dreaming about long Summer days at the beach.

With all of my thoughts turning towards Summer I couldn't help posting this image today.  It's very Summery.  It is a room I have loved for such a long time.  I love how layered and thrown together it is.  It is a great example of blue and white done well, in my opinion...not too fussy and not too contrived. 

Actually Jennifer over at Peak of Chic wrote a very interesting post this week about decorating with blue and white.  I am in complete agreement with her.  As she says 'I feel as though there is blue and white...and then there is blue and white!'  


I'm taking a few days off from the blog.  Hope to be back mid-next week!
xx
Anna

image via vacation homes book

14 comments:

Karena said...

Wonderfully put together Anna. I love the blue and white!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

pve design said...

I am loving all the blue and whites that I am seeing in the world. Off to read this...
enjoy your break and Summer.
pve

the modern sybarite ™ said...

Would love to curl up on that couch, read a book and in my breaks, stare into the infinity of that blue ocean!

Followers of Fashion said...

Maybe this year we've just needed an extra bit of warmth......?

Debra Turner said...

Blue makes me happy. It is my favorite color. Blue and white is very crisp and clean. And summer is my favorite season. Luckily we have it on the western hemisphere now.

Interior Design Musings said...

I felt the same way last winter! Now, here in the states, our summer is quickly coming to a close, so I had to comment on your post and claim, "NO! You can't have summer. I am planning to hold this wonderful season hostage for at least the next year!" :)

French Heart said...

Love blue & white & rattan...simple chic..so inviting! Have a beautiful break!

A. said...

I love the huge windows and the amount of light coming in from the outside.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I am definitely a blue & white girl, i think it's so soothing & suitable for so many different types of styles. Accents with art, ornaments & cushions can make dramatic differences, but for me, it's blue all the way with the paint work & furnishings, love Posie

Anna said...

I'm the same, hanging out for summer. I think it's because we never really got one last year. Just rain, rain, and more rain.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I am enjoying our southern California summer now. Blue and white always reminds me of summer. I dont want it to end. Thanks for sharing.

Sydney Steenland said...

I love that first hint of summer, hopefully we won't get those horrible
ekka time Westerlies to ruin this weather.
Sarah

The Blue Room.... said...

I can't wait for Summer either - I think maybe because for a lot of people this has already felt like a long year with a lot of horrible natural disasters which have happened. Spring and Summer usually brings a positive change in everyone's mood - not long to go! Love your blog by the way - pop by to visit mine if you have a spare moment.x

anordinarywoman said...

It's something about blue I like - all forms. Thanks:)