Monday 29 August 2011

Monday Ramblings



I woke up on Saturday morning to the sound of heavy rain on our old tin roof.  My plans for a mindless day in the garden had to be cancelled.



If only I could have stayed home today because this morning I woke to the most beautiful, warm, sunny Spring day.  Isn't it always the way!  I was rather envious of Merv who arrived at around 8am ready to work in the garden for the morning.  There was just something in the air this morning.  Did you feel it too?


Next on our gardening agenda is planting 2 garden beds full of Dahlias, Zinnias and Daisies.  These should then flower right through Summer...fingers crossed.

Has anyone driven passed Black & Spiro over the last few days?  Did you see the divine, divine, divine pair of vintage concrete Swan pots we have sitting right at the front as you enter our front door?  I am having major problems trying to hold myself back from getting them picked up and delivered to our house.  They came from an old house in South Australia and I will admit that I am in-love!  I really don't think I could stand seeing them go to another home.  I haven't been like this over something in the shop for such a long time!!  I wonder where they will end up...my house or yours?

image 1 - via seboise, image 2 - via pretty stuff, image 3 - via pretty stuff

13 comments:

MT said...

It is the opposite here in Ireland, it is just starting to feel like Autumn, the leaves are changing colour and starting to fall and I am very much looking forward to cold autumn/winter nights in front of the fire! Buy the swan pots - you work hard: treat yourself! :)

Kate said...

All the best things come from South Australia!!

brlracincwgrl said...

There is something so relaxing and therapeutic about working in your garden. I love it!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Anna,

I love gardens, but can't do gardening! I think it's lovely until I see a scary bug.. mind you, all the bugs are scary to me! :-)

Beautiful pictures here!


xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Mom-Friday said...

I also dream of having a beautiful garden and lawn, but I don't think I have a green thumb. :) Indoor plants die on me!

Just sharing my post where I included your lovely blog as one of the sites that continue to inspire me :)
6-sites-of-inspiration

Bella said...

Such romantic pictures! WOW!

martinaness.com

Paddy said...

That's it, I'm coming over. Got to see them.

Bia’s Blind Bags said...

Hiya!!
Hopped on to your blog courtesy my bloggy pal Loulou and am in lurveeee!! So nice and refreshing!! xx

what are they wearing now said...

Yes I agree, Sunday and yesterday were simply beautiful days in Brisbane ... totally uplifting. Makes you realise how much we are part of nature and how blessed we are living in this part of the world.

Simple Daisy said...

Such pretty images!! I would love to have a garden full of all those zinnias!!! So gorgeous:)

Ann said...

I simply must see a photo of these swans about which you are so enamored.

Sydney Steenland said...

I don't know how to dress at the moment, I had jeans on yesterday and I was sweaty up a storm! I felt it too, I get a new lease on life when the hint of spring comes.
Sar

Mummaducka said...

I'd also like to see the swans, being too far to drive past. They sound lovely. Take them home I say.