Wednesday 16 March 2011

It's a Small World





It really is amazing how blogging brings together people from all over the world.  I have met some amazing people thanks to my blog and the kindness of strangers continues to surprise me. 

I think almost everyone in our blogging community knows about the artist Anne Harwell.  She is one kind lady.  A long time ago she painted my gilt chair in my lounge room which she calls Anna Spiro's Chair. She sells prints of it in her etsy store.  Last year I received a package in the mail from Anne and inside was the original painting of my chair which she sent to me as a gift.  That little painting now hangs on my cluster wall in our sitting room at home {as above} and I look at it all the time and remember her kindness. 

Another artist we all know and love is Patricia van Essche who I had the pleasure of meeting in person in New York earlier this year.  She too has painted a few of my vignettes in the past.  I am yet to frame the original of the Staffordshire dogs she painted of mine which she sent me a while ago.  I am planning on framing it soon and hanging it in my office at work.  I will post pictures once I have hung it as it is beautiful.

I really think these ladies are so kind and so generous and I would like to thank them for their paintings which I love so much.  You must check out their etsy stores here and here if you haven't already done so.  I'm sure you won't leave empty handed!

23 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love both these ladies work! Recently came across Anne's work, I adore it! How wonderful to have the painting!
Janell

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Anna,

You're right.. these ladies are fantastically talented, and oh, my! How many wonderful people we meet through blogging. Meeting these wonderful people is being a blessing in my life and it makes me to be also a better and more compassionate person.

It's a small and beautiful world. :-)


Have a Happy Day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Mis Deseos said...

That's lovely!

Thx for the info about Anne Harwell.

XOXO from Spain

http://listandodeseos.blogspot.com/

Lacquered Life said...

I love love that table. You and I have many books in common. And I love that perfect place for the Anne Harwell painting. - can't wait to see the staffordshire painting ...

I Dream Of said...

PVE and Anne are such lovely and talented ladies. When I think of why I blog, it's because of the opportunity to connect with amazing people like Patricia!

meenal bishnoi said...

I love your art wall...its really beautiful...now off to check out the etsy stores of these talented ladies..thanks for the links, Anna...do drop by my blog when you have a moment!! xx meenal

pve design said...

Thank-you for inspiring each of us daily to live life absolutely beautifully. I also adore Anne and hold the two of you accountable for me falling down the magical blog hole! Year four for me and I really must meet Anne. Loved meeting you in NY.
pve

FairyFiligree said...

Lovely of you to share these artists. Great wall of paintings there!

Unknown said...

This is just so sweet! I am always amazed by the generosity and love of the blogging community!

xo Mary Jo

pixelimpress said...

patricia offered up a free painting on her blog 2 years ago. i won. her painting of our brittany spaniel, pixel, is lovely! i smile every time i walk past it on the fireplace mantel! pam

First House on the Right said...

I love Anne Harwell's work. Nicolex

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these lovely links - Patricia van Essche's blog is lovely.

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

Anne and Patricia are not only amazing artists, but lovely souls as well, and they've both been so helpful and supportive to me. Blogland is such a rich resource, with no shortage of gorgeous and talented people, who needs to look any further afield? K x

Any88 said...

I have just ordered the very same print, I am waiting with bated breath for its arrival! It looks fantastic in your house Anna!

Alicia said...

lovely ones

White French said...

All you bloging ladies and guys dont know how much pleasure you bring to us more mature age readers. I never thought at 73 years of age I would find such a lovely exciting lifestyle to be a part of .Thank you all and I adore those paintings Anna Beverley xx

Jenny said...

What a lovely gesture to send you the original painting. I am off to have a look at their stores. ;-)

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I love your cluster walls...I have yet to do this in my home, but have pages and pages of ideas from magazines, NY Times Thursday styles and from your blog! I'm going to check out these artists.

Sarah said...

Hi Anna: I love Anne's work and commissioned her to paint my family's lake house in New York for my Dad's 80th bday last May and I now own 5 of her prints including your lovely chair!!

Unknown said...

What a lovely reminder of your chair. I love the collage you put together!

jlonit said...

I have four Anne Harwell prints, along with a lovely note she sent with the package. I'm yet to buy a Van Esch but it won't be long until I do! I love these ladies. I still get a thrill out of seeing Anne's print in "It's Complicated" the movie.

Annie Loveridge Interiors said...

I've bought some cards through Anne's shop and they arrived beautifully wrapped in pink tissue with a card. It was such a pleasure to receive and says so much about the integrity of Anne's work.

Anchor Cottage said...

I am a huge fan of Annechovie! Her prints sell right out the door at my shop!I have the original of English Roses for myself.

Mary Ann @ Anchor Cottage