Wednesday 30 March 2011

Garden Pots Inside





After planting a few little pots for my garden table on the weekend I have been thinking I might do a few more so that I can bring some inside to put on the table in our lounge room or to place down the centre of the dining table when we have people over for dinner.  I also love how they are placed on the bench in the bathroom I have posted above.  I think it would be a nice idea to find an old rack with perforated shelves {like Brooke's} so that I can store lots of potted up succulents and also my potted bulbs and herbs in the garden near our garden shed.  Lots to do!!

PS.  If anyone is wanting to plant up some of these traditional little terracotta pots, I purchased mine from Bunnings.  I think they were approximately $2.50 per pot.  And if you live in Brisbane and want to purchase some bulbs then head to Bunnings as well.  Bulbs can be a bit tricky to buy here in Brisbane due to them not really liking our climate.   Oh and one more thing, if you want to plant some sweet peas you need to get them in this week if you live here!!  Mine were planted yesterday.  I can't wait to see them grow and flower over the coming weeks.

PPS. I only know these things about when to plant etc. thanks to Merve, Uncle Robbie, my mother, my grandmother and the lovely man at Bunnings who is my new best friend.  What would I do without them!!


image 1 - via delight by design scanned from easy elegance, image 2 - http://brookegiannetti.typepad.com/ {thanks viera}

19 comments:

Viera said...

Hi
I think it is Brooke's, from Velvet and linen , garden
X
V

beachcomber said...

i like the pots in the bathroom!

First House on the Right said...

I love sweet peas and hadn't thought about them for my garden, thanks for the reminder! Nicolex

Sam's Table said...

You are becoming v. obsessed with the garden. How exciting- can I come and cook you guys something exciting with your produce soon???

Also, what sort of things can you plant in indoor pots???

lol

The enchanted home said...

I like garden pots anywhere, inside or out as long as they are holding a beautiful plant or flower!

nightowl_72 said...

Loving your gardening posts. It's tempting me back out there so thank you. FYI - My local landscaping place sells terracotta pots for $1. Yes you read that right! So my tip is to check out the landscapers!

Sydney Steenland said...

I would love to have some veg growing in my garden. The kids would love to pick and eat them! Must get some cherry tomato plants and herbs.
Sarah

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

That first bathroom gives me goosebumps!!

I just love love love a rustic bath. I'm a modern design fan, but I want my baths a little shabby and comfortable.

Stylelinx said...

That's the one thing I miss about living in NYC is my garden but thankfully I can have flowers and herbs in my pots!

Ace said...

Oh these look lovely! My plants are still all in gross plastic pots. I'm heading home to my parents this weekend and plan to steal a few of my moms hundreds of unused pots! They look so lovely and earthy inside.

Barbara Jordan Dettweiler said...

What a great idea! I think I might have to do the same.
http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

Marina Mott said...

So beautiful!! I love the first pic!!xx

Unknown said...

Let's hope the Brissie weather fines up so Saturday can be another productive day in the garden!!

Romana said...

Oh anna, me too1 I have been obsessing over herbs in pots inside for the last few weeks! Thanks for sharing some more inspirational pics :)
Romana

Romana said...

Oh anna, me too1 I have been obsessing over herbs in pots inside for the last few weeks! Thanks for sharing some more inspirational pics :)
Romana

nic said...

your blog is pure perfection. Love it.

Treadgold said...

Absolutely love your little garden posts. I live in an apartment but love adding a bit of greenery to the balcony...my husband thinks its hilarious when I don my gloves and announce I'm off to 'garden'...!

EL at home... said...

I've been buying the Bunning's terracotta pots as well. Lovely and so reasonable. Although I would like to age them a bit... A friend once told me you can age them by painting them with yoghurt!?

Michela said...

Lovely post! :)

Michela

www.verymerryberry.com