Tuesday 8 February 2011

Memories of NYC




These chairs were for sale at one of the flea markets we attended...we spotted John Derian buying at this very same market.


Bits and pieces collected on my bedside table.


 Fresh flowers at The Crosby Street.





I loved this little artwork near the lifts at The Crosby...the fluoro{or neon as the Americans call it} Lucite frame was very cool...you know how much I love fluoro!


The beauty of The Crosby {above and below}.






Just a little sneak peek at some of the lovely textiles we purchased for Black & Spiro {above}.


The Matchbook launch party {this photo {from Coach's photostream} is like Where's Wally...can you spot my head...a hint...black, lower right corner}




I'll stop boring you about NYC after this post, I promise.  If you ever visit New York I highly recommend staying at The Crosby Street Hotel in Soho which is owned and was decorated by Kit Kemp.  I have loved her work for quite some time.  A couple of years ago I stayed at her Haymarket Hotel in London and both hotels are divine.  They tick all the boxes for me.  Nothing is spared.  Every detail is thought through and delivered with perfection.  Also a huge thanks to Georgie for making our stay so wonderful!

After such a whirlwind week it was so comforting to see my 3 boys at the airport when I arrived home...there's no place like home.

22 comments:

Angela said...

Ohhh those chairs! Adore!

x

The Glam Lamb said...

I'm in NY now... wish there were great flea markets on tuesdays.... here for business! great pictures!! those chairs from that flea market are insane!!

best,
hallie

la la Lovely said...

Looks like you had a fabulous trip!!! So happy for you. The trip is always fun but nothing beats coming home to you're loved ones!
xo Trina

Nichole Loiacono said...

Oh my goodness. Do you remember which flea you were at? I might have to take a swing by and see if those chairs are still there. FANTASTIC!

quintessence said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! And The Crosby seems to be THE place to stay these days!

Unknown said...

I dream about visiting New York .... one day I will! :)

www.snoturt.blogspot.com

The Field of Gold said...

trying to stay at the Crosby in September. Booked out already.

Wonderland said...

...oh I love,love,love this photos! I miss NY so much...Have a great day!

Louise (Table Tonic) said...

Ooooooh welcome back Anna!
And PS PLEASE keep the nyc pics and news coming - you know we LOOOOVE it!
xxx
Lou

Faux Fuchsia said...

Cannot WAIT to see what accessories you've bought as Treats.

Love the polish.

Please buy that book about New York parties ASAP. The decor is AMAZING.

See you soon x

pve design said...

Anna,
Glad you enjoyed NY and all the plethora of choices and variety and that you have landed safely back in the arms of your men and that the family home will be carried on in style (with you!)
I loved meeting you (& Kelly)
You are a gem....a sparkly one....a pink one.
pve

The enchanted home said...

Looks like quite a week you had. I know isn't it fun still being on a high after a fabulous trip? Its a little hard to come off of but thankfully you have oodles of pictures (and this blog) to remmeber it by. Love The Crosby, our chic friends from London stayed there and loved it, it is a fun hotel.

inkala images said...

Oh how I love New York!

Ingrid x

Alicia B. Designs said...

So glad you got to visit our city!! Looks like you had a blast--which flea market was that??

Alicia B.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

NyC is amazing.... but nothing compares to home. Unless your home is there. :-)

Have a wonderful day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Post of the Day: Canadian Interior Designer Sarah Richardson.

Unknown said...

Love these photos! Those places are so beautiful, it looks like a wonderful trip, I need to visit one day! :)

Dagmarette Yen said...

Those pink chairs are an amazing find! How exciting to redecorate your place with all these pieces from your travels.

www.thefinishing-school.com

designchic said...

I'm obsessed with the french chairs in the second image...fabulous!!

christy jo said...

So sorry about all the devastation going on in your country......as the old saying goes, "when it rains it pours." Hopefully you and your family were not directly effected.

Claudia Lane said...

Your memories are just wonderful, love these images Anna, they are truly inspiring.

pop by my blog if you have time later, I'm doing my first blog giveaway!! :))

Unknown said...

Love this New York recap! Looks like a wonderful trip. Which flea market did you find those fun pink chairs?

Unknown said...

OMG...I miss NYC so much....
Laura@RicevereconStile