Tuesday 25 August 2009

There's My Chair







Anne Harwell recently painted the French chair in our lounge room at home and sent it to me as a very big surprise in the mail. I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened up the parcel. I absolutely adore Anne's work. Her drawings are so precise and beautifully composed. I particularly love her chair drawings. Courtney's chair certainly has been a favourite in the blogosphere! If you would like your own copy of my French chair Anne is selling it in her etsy shop along with all of her other beautiful pieces. I am trying to find a special spot to hang my chair and the frame is also still being decided on. For the moment I keep on propping it up on pieces around the shop. It looks so pretty with all of our mismatched cushions....I am mad, I know!

13 comments:

Un posto speciale said...

Very very nice!! You're not mad, you're simply great!!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Anne did a fabulous job with painting this chair. I think it might be one of my favorites this far.Perfect fabric choice as well!

kadler said...

That chair is gorgeous! I would like to cover everything in that fabric.

Sarah Bradley said...

Anne is so talented. I absolutely love this!!

Karena said...

I collect Anne's Chairs and I love this!! I have several I still need to frame.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I did notice your chair in Anne's Etsy shop when I ordered a set of chair notecards for myself. I love them!

Mrs. Blandings said...

The chair is delightful in both art and life, but I am completely smitten with the pleats that fall just in the center of those pink stripes. Detail perfection.

Yansy said...

I adore Anne's work! I wish she could paint my new favorite chair.

Alexandria ♥ said...

Dear Anna,
I found your site at real simple.com.
What a delight.
I think a mix is always better than a match, as well.
Finds.

Unknown said...

Must get me a copy. Hopefully will own a real Spiro's chair one day in the future.

drey said...

wow looks great :)

anne that's great work, how sweet of you :)

la la Lovely said...

so pretty!!!! I've always loved that chair of yours! How sweet of Anne.

MrsLittleJeans said...

Lovely chair and lovely painting, and I really love the striped pink even though my condo has no feminine in it. It is a manly condo. I will have to come back and get some ideas.

Cheers!