Wednesday 15 April 2009

Visiting Auckland - Part 2















Another lovely inner city suburb of Auckland is the historic suburb, Parnell. Whilst strolling down Parnell Road, set amongst many other lovely shops, galleries and restaurants, Mum and I stumbled across French Antique store, Baran de Bordeaux. This 2 story shop is filled to the brim with the most beautiful Antique furniture. Owned by Chrystelle Baran, who was born and raised in Bordeaux, Southwest France and her partner Nick Ferneyhough. The couple live between New Zealand and France collecting beautiful treasures for their Parnell store.

I spoke briefly to Nick when we were in the store over the weekend. He said they ship their pieces all over the world and he did mention that they do sell many pieces to Australian customers. Their website is updated regularly with their current stock.

I am so thrilled we found this lovely Antique mecca. We will definitely be returning to Nick and Chrystelle's store when we revisit Auckland later this year.







Images 1, 2, 3 - Via Life & Leisure Magazine

20 comments:

Megan said...

I have those images torn from life and leisure magazine too! I love their Kiwi/French mix!!

Katrina said...

Oooo how lovely!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic, not only to stumble upon such a treasure box, but to go there again soon....
Wanna jump onto an airplane and come down under to see for myself...
I wish I had a client to indulge with such nice pieces.
One day!
Love - Victoria

Fabulously French said...

What a great post! I love their shop and their website is really interesting as are the articles on their residence in France.

Elv Freiheit said...

I love these images!

Elv Freiheit said...

Hi Anna, Just thought I'd let you know that I've tagged you as a Kreativ Blogger on my blog http://lewidoofancies.blogspot.com/2009/04/kreativ-bloggers.html

Martha said...

What a great store! Such lovely things!

Priscilla said...

Olá, adorei seu blog, vou segui-lo. Vi algumas poltronas lindas aqui, estou querendo umas pra decorar minha casa também.
Beijos

The Blushing Hostess said...

So gorgeous, Anna! Thank you and I am glad it was wonderful. Be well, The Hostess

Kellie Collis said...

Those two louis chairs are gorgeous and i just noticed are available on their website! Perhaps a purchase is in order!!!

patricia@ReFind Home&Garden said...

Love this post Anna. Beautiful photos. Warmest Regards, Patricia

an angel at my table said...

I love the picture with the car and the house in the background!
Thanks for a lovely blog moment!

Greetings from Sweden

Mabel + Lola said...

What beautiful inspiration pics! Love the pink table cloth! More people should decorate with pink....and not just in little girls rooms.

porter hovey said...

amazing! everything is perfect!

Anne Marie said...

At first glance....in that car....in her home....I thought they were movie shots!
I'm sure you saw some very unique and beautiful things....

Aunt Spicy said...

Ohhhh, I wish I had known all this before I visited! But I will add it to a list for the future, thanks!

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

What a fabulous find! I can't wait to visit! I hope to plan a trip in the next year! Thanks for sharing such beautiful places!

Michelle

Zuniga Interiors

ana said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG
ITS BEUTIFUL
I'm from Mexico and I adore this style

Acorn Dandelion and Rose said...

Oh, I am green with envy! I could live in that store! Thanks for posting those beautiful images.

Mélanie said...

Wonderful place, it seems a corner of France is in Auckland