Friday 12 September 2008

Whisk Me Away...


Yesterday I had to make a quick, over and back trip to Straddie to get the house ready for some tenants arriving. I very nearly didn't come home. The weather was perfect. The waves on the beach were glassy and rolly and I just wanted to escape and hide over there for a few days. But, I came to my senses and came back to work. On the way home I sat in the car on the barge reading some magazines and as I looked out the window this pretty little sailing boat was sailing past. I must say I am thoroughly enjoying the beautiful Spring weather here and I just can't wait to head over to Straddie again for a few days over the school holidays with my special little one. Anyway, enough of my rambling. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. See you next week!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you.
:)

Anonymous said...

How nice to be able to just flit over to Straddie when needed!! That would be lovely!! It'd take us about 4 or 5 hours to get there! Water looks beautiful. :)

LJ said...

Awesome Pic! This is in Australia? I want to go!

pve design said...

Whisk, I have a whisk posted on my blog today....
well a wire whisk.... come on over for a taste!

Nichole C. said...

That is so beautiful! And it's strange as well, I live in Seattle, WA - USA and we're heading into fall, while you're going into spring! :]

I'll be sure to look at your bright and sunny pictures while things here are somewhat gray!

Parisbreakfasts said...

I heard everyone in Australia has airplanes...like Alaska I guess
I love how you're having "spring" now as we head into winter...

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

I can feel the warm sun and the breeze on my face. I hear the magazine pages flipping in the wind. I taste the strong coffee on my tongue. I am here in Canada, enjoying a barge trip with you, my Australian friend!

Anna Spiro said...

Oh, Farmyard Crafts it really isn't that easy for me either - it is a bit of a mammoth effort actually but it had to be done!!LOL!
xx
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Yes LJ this is in Australia - it is on Moreton Bay in Queensland.
x
Anna

Brown Button Trading said...

That view looks very familar Anna - lots of trips taken on that barge! x

TIG said...

Beautiful shot, Anna! Hope you had a lovely weekend.

xo