Thursday 4 September 2008

Michelle's Absolutely Favourite Things




I'm so excited to share with you today some of Michelle Adams' 'Absolutely Favourite Things'. Michelle is certainly a very talented young woman and is the founder of Rubie Green an eco-friendly textile company based in New York. Michelle's fabrics are fast becoming a favourite by designers both here and in America. I absolutely adore her fabrics and currently have two chairs covered in her East Village {raspberry chevron design} in my front window at Black & Spiro. Some of my other favourites are Tillinghurst and Portobello. Her fabrics have been seen in Domino Magazine and featured on blogs worldwide. I certainly think this inspiring woman is someone to watch and I am just so thrilled to be able to share with you today some of her most favourite things!!


"While rounding up my favorite things to shoot, I realized that many things make me very happy! So I thought it might be fun to show them both laid out flat, and also as a tablescape. I started with my favorite piece of art, which is a vintage Czech movie poster of The Knack (1966). I spotted this beauty on Kate Spade's 'Behind the Curtain' website, and hunted it down at a local vintage movie poster shop! To the right is a framed photo of my grandparents shortly after they got married. It's literally such a great photo that people always ask me whether I left the fake photo insert in my frame! (I have to laugh and explain "no, I do in fact know these people!" haha.) The rest of the pieces all have some significance in my life, such as my Rubie Green fabrics, an issue of Domino where I used to work, a subway map of New York, a small bottle of Stella McCartney perfume (I never leave home without it!), a special note from a friend, etc."


Oh my goodness, I LOVE all of her favourite things too and in actual fact I have some very similar favourite pieces of my own!! Thank you so much for showing us your beautiful things Michelle. If you want to see more you must go and check out her gorgeous blog, M.A. Belle.

'Absolutely Favourite Things' will appear here every Thursday so stay tuned!!

19 comments:

MABELLE said...

Wow! Thank you so much for such an incredibly kind write-up, Anna! I very much look up to you as a designer and as a business woman, so it means the world to me to know that I have your support :)
(Plus it's pretty neat to think that we share a few of the same favorite things!)
xo MA.

Sharnel said...

Fabulous favourite things.
I see Michelle loves her iomoi too!

Oliveaux said...

A beautiful collection! So lovely to see some of Michelle's favourite things!! Amanda

Brooke Meyenberg said...

This is wonderful! LOVE the assortment in styles, colors, shapes and textures.

Can't wait to see next Thursday's favorites!

Anonymous social worker said...

dude, my sister and mom loves her stuff.
I like how you have been able to accomplish quite a readership on your blog mainly posting personal comments,
congrats.

Porchlight Interiors said...

What a stunning collection Michelle! Thanks for sharing your favourite things. Love your choice of books - also favourites of mine. Tracey x

mondocherry said...

I'm really enjoying this series, Anna. It is so much fun to see what other people are drawn to and how they arrange them. Thanks
Clare

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Michelle for showing us your beautiful collection of favourite things!! Yes, I love my Iomoi paperweights and my Laduree boxes just like you do...oh and of course I LOVE my Domino each month!!
xx
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Rivermist!!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Clare - I agree with you, I'm so much enjoying seeing everyone's favourite things!
x
Anna

The Peak of Chic said...

I love how many of Michelle's favorite things pack a graphic punch. This is a great series Anna!

cassandra said...

LOVE the poster! it's so fun! a very sweet vignette, and it seems so very Anna too with the pink and blue ;) fun to see what we all have in common in the things we love.

v said...

i love love love that poster!!

katiedid said...

What a fun and personal group of Favorite things. I admire her very much for all she has accomplished!

Anastasia said...

lovely things - the poster is FAB!!

Style Court said...

Michelle -- you already know how much I love your style and the ways you group things. Every piece here is so chic and meaningful!

MABELLE said...

Wow- it's SO much fun to read all your kind comments! Thank you all so very much :) And I'm glad you all dig the poster as much as me!

Anonymous said...

I love your office cluster wall!

Alkemie said...

What a gorgeous layout of great items!