Tuesday 27 May 2008

Get Simone's Look!!


I've had such a lovely response to my House Tour post from yesterday. Thank you everyone who either left me a comment here at ABT or emailed me directly. It was so lovely to hear from you. The obvious thing we all loved in Simone & Richard's house was the framed vintage swimsuits. What a fantastic idea for a beach house. Simone purchased all of these swimsuits on Ebay so keep your eyes peeled!!

In response to yesterday's post I thought it would be fun to put together a few things currently available on Ebay which would be similar things Simone would have purchased when decorating her house. Enjoy my selections and take a leaf from Simone's book - don't pay too much for anything vintage as there will always be something else just around the corner!!


Note - Click on label under each picture to be directed to the item listing on Ebay.






12 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

My mother's house used to be full of milk glass. It went out of style many years ago so she now has boxes and boxes full of it. I never appreciated it as a kid but now will love inheriting some of it one day.

windowsshopper said...

Wow, Anna. I do the very same thing on my little blog that I write for myself. YOUR blog inspired me to start looking for ITEMS ON EBAY to try and duplicate the "beautiful look" that you have in your home, beach house and store, Black + Spiro. I truly love your "look" and your site ALWAYS inspires me to look a bite more. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face EACH TIME I read your blog.

A blog friend in Texas,
Stephanie
windowsshopper.blogspot.com

Sharnel said...

what a fantastic post Anna. I was looking at the cane dressing table myself!

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Stephanie - I love milk glass but I'd love it even more if my mother had a whole collection of it stored away like your mum!! You lucky thing!!
X
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Oh Stephanie, thank you so, so much for your lovely note. I'll be sure to check out your blog! Ebay is one of my most favourite things in the world! So glad you are inspired by my posts here!
XX
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

So funny Sharnel!!
XX
Anna

Courtney said...

wow - thanks for the fantastic personal shopping on Ebay! My jaw is still hanging open about that writing desk...and then the cane furniture...and then treasure after treasure you found at amazing prices! Note to self: shop Ebay much more frequently! I too, loved Simone's house...thanks for the inspiration!

Courtney said...

wow - thanks for the fantastic personal shopping on Ebay! My jaw is still hanging open about that writing desk...and then the cane furniture...and then treasure after treasure you found at amazing prices! Note to self: shop Ebay much more frequently! I too, loved Simone's house...thanks for the inspiration!

Katherine said...

Thank you for all the lovely items you post about! I'm going to go ebay shopping right now because fo this post :)

Shelli said...

oh that head vase is DARLING!!! perfect for my desk! (great post!)

xo

Roxanne said...

That is amazing. . .I guess I don't have the Ebay touch, but might try it. I REALLY want the cane chairs and settee--unfortunately, I live in Texas and it would take QUITE a drive/plane ride/boat trip to come and pick it up.

What beautiful finds.

Sharnel said...

i'm in love with that cane writing desk!