Wednesday 30 April 2008

Straddie Flowers


Last weekend while my mother was arranging her Swamp Mahogany flowers which she picked from the seafood man's house (see Monday's post) I was arranging Banksia which Harry and I picked out in the bush down a sandy track in the middle of the island. The Banksias have all been in bloom over at Straddie over the last month or so which has made the 20 minute drive from the barge over to our house very attractive. I decided to cut some for an arrangement on my dining table and this is what I created.
**Note to my readers abroad Banksias are an iconic Australian native wildflower/plant.

8 comments:

Heather said...

I am not currently well versed in horticultural terminology, but I loved today's post. Simply lovely.

It has inspired me to run about my property to choose some of my pretties to grace my home. I absolutely love the seashells. I even have some!

Also, you have a thumbnail picture of your beach house here on your blog. I love the impact of the red painting against the white wall. I have been wanting to go all-white for awhile now and now I believe I have the confidence to move forward.

Thanks for the lovely post.

mommyholly said...

I have never heard of Banksias, but they are beautiful! :)

Katherine Lee said...

thank you so much for the comment and keep spreading that sweet Urban Flea gospel!
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)

Sharnel said...

Anna the floral arrangement looks fantastic!

The House That A-M Built said...

What absolutely wonderful weekends you have.... picking flowers, enjoying nature....such a beautiful arrangement!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Heather for your lovely comment!
X
Anna

God's Pittbull said...

Very beautiful indeed! And very inspirational! I very much like your blog!! Keep up the good work!

Catharina Maria said...

You have a very beautiful house !
I love it .
I will come back for the rest of your blog , it is yummy for me .
Rini the Netherlands