Wednesday 30 April 2008

Mum's Late Night Emails

Sometimes late at night when I am up on my computer working I start to receive emails from my mother. It's often after she has had a long day at work, cooked dinner for my father and had a few glasses of wine. She too is on the computer working and scouring the internet for inspiration. I thought I'd share the emails she sent me last night as they brightened my day. Here goes...

The first email which I received from her at 8.16pm...

"Do you think Grandma could paint this (my grandmother is an artist)? It already looks a lot like a painting. I found it on Garden Rooms blog."

The second email which I received from her at 8.18pm

"Wouldn't it be nice to find this spot for a glass of wine when you are in France. I really enjoyed the Garden Rooms Blog."

The third email which I received from her at 8.59pm...

"That's a spectacular ceiling."

And finally the 4th email I received from her at 9.26pm...

"I wish I was a princess and then I could have a bedroom like this. Imagine what havoc the Prince (my father) could reek with his TV Dinner tray. We would need Robyn (my mother's house keeper) x 10 just to do the washing."

As you can see by the time she sent me the last email her imagination was running a little wild! I actually laughed my head off when I received the last one because if you knew my father you would understand. As soon as he gets home from work he heads to his bed for the night where he eats his dinner (most nights spilling it all over mum's beautiful bed linen) and watches t.v. and ends up snoring by 8.00pm. No wonder my mother was up emailing me...what fun is a snoring husband!! As I keep on saying to her - maybe you should start a blog mum!!

Thanks for sharing my passion mum - you always continue to inspire me and I absolutely LOVE our night time email chats!!

xxAnna

Images from Top - Miles Redd via Garden Rooms, French Coastline via Garden Rooms, Image source unknown, Charlotte Moss bedroom via Peak of Chic.

18 comments:

Kate said...

I love it! So fun.

Karyn said...

I totally agree. Your mom should start a blog. How nice to share a love for design and obviously a fantastic relationship as well.

erika said...

how sweet, I love it all! AND, i've found a new blog I love... Garden Rooms!
Thanks so much for sharing!
erika

simply seleta said...

I think it's great that you and your mom share this eye for beauty. She's one fast cookie on the internet!

blah said...

Oh Anna - your mum totally cracks me up!! I love it!!

Mrs Spiro - you have

A. FABULOUS taste

B. An amazingly creative daughter and I can see where she gets it from

C. a great sense of humour

PS looking forward to when you start your own blog!!!

Jaime said...

I think your mum would make a great blogger!

The House That A-M Built said...

Isn't your Mum just divine! Oh I love that spectacular ceiling!

Brigitta said...

thanks for sharing this, your blog is very inspiring!

Anna Spiro said...

Oh, thanks Everyone! I'm sure my mother will be more than a little chuffed by your comments!
XX
Anna

la la Lovely said...

What a fun post. Your mom seems like a lot of fun. I loved the last e-mail the best.

casapinka said...

Such a funny, sweet post. Oh, to have a mom like yours! She should definitely start a blog!!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous anna, i LOVE this post!!! x

pve design said...

Oh, it is a dream of mine to get my Mum hooked up on the net and e-mail - I have lived away for a long time and it has been lots of visits, phone calls and letters. This would be the next best thing.
So special to have a Mom who inspires!
Oh, she does need a blog of her own!
Absolutely Beautiful Mum!

annechovie said...

That's funny, Anna! The mother-daughter relationship can be so great!

Sharnel said...

Anna your mum sounds like an absolute hoot. I love her already LOL!
Now i see where you get your amazing talent from.
Previous to this i thought you popped into Hermes and picked it off the shelf.
x

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, yes, I hope your mum will start a blog! How much fun would she have gathering her own inspirationg! Much more fun than listening to a snoring hubby!

:-) And she always has lovely taste (I remember previous photos she sent you!), so I would be a reader for sure.

Happy day,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, it seems to me. Your Mum has as great a sense of style as you do!

Alkemie said...

That is so cute! Your mom has quite an eye. The rooms and the photos are really lovely.