Tuesday 26 February 2008

The Ivy


I thought I'd show you a few scanned (sorry about the bad quality) images of The Ivy in Sydney a new venture by Hotelier Justin Hemmes. Obviously 1950's Palm Springs is the inspiration behind the project and doesn't it look like something you may have seen before? This work is by Hecker Phelan & Guthrie a renowned architectural firm in Melbourne. I say no more except I would like to visit The Ivy very soon - it looks great and I especially love the yellow & white dining space (first pic)!!

6 comments:

cassandra said...

definitely very kelly wearstler inspired... but still cool! you'll have to post some photos if you actually visit ~ i bet they have some gorgeous little details.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I love the yellow seats set in the gray room.

PHORM Interiors said...

Hi Anna
Great post on Ivy. We went there on the weekend. Supercool! Would love to know where those hot counter stools are from...
Ian

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Ian - I think Bisque do some like these! XXAnna

Anna Spiro said...

Ian - woops I thought you meant the ones in the yellow room! But you mean the black chippendale bamboo style ones don't you?! They are gorgeous!
XX
Anna

Alkemie said...

I Love Both of the photos! The hotel looks Marvelous!!