Tuesday 13 November 2007

Home Update


The light almost looks like a crown sitting on her head in this picture!! I also love that the background design in the painting almost looks a bit Art Deco - does anyone else see this??


Things are starting to take shape at home. Today I thought I'd show you some of the progress I've had in one area. I created this tablescape above last night on a chest of drawers I have placed in my entrance hallway. I purchased the Antique Italian light for my shop a year or so ago but when we bought the house I decided it was just perfect for this spot in my new entry so home it came. We painted all the old stained timber picture rails, doors etc. white and the walls too which were previously a caramel colour. My Bromley was the perfect piece for this entry wall - I'm sure I'll get a few "OMG's" from my friends when they come over and see her there!! Just before we moved I was lucky enough to purchase a first edition copy of Osa Johnson's I Married Aventure via Paris Hotel Boutique. Thanks must go to Courtney for introducing me to this book which I intend to read over the Christmas holidays but for now it sits with some of my other bits on my hall table for me to look at and enjoy.

18 comments:

blah said...

The crown chandelier light is beautiful! What is the small aqua piece on the table?

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Love this painting, I have a similar vintage italian one in my bathroom but not as grand a scale as this. The background reminds of flocked italian wallpaper (which I also love!)

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Love this painting, I have a similar vintage italian one in my bathroom but not as grand a scale as this. The background reminds of flocked italian wallpaper (which I also love!)

Babelfish said...

The tablescape is wonderful, must have taken some time to organise and arrange. Loving your light (really look like a crown), what fun!

Apryll Annie said...

It's a stunning composition Anna- very inviting! I can't wait to see more!

Apryll x

Purl Girl said...

Anna,
That light is beautiful and looks great there. I like the painting it's gorgeous as well. It's a lovely vingette that doesn't look 'staged' just thoughtfully put together.

The book promises to be a phenomenal read, sadly I bought the wrong edition so I am still looking for one with the cool zebra dust cover.
Cindy

Unknown said...

Anna, what a lovely and memorable entryway you have created!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!
I have to say that the painting is a rather outrageous..but that's what makes it sooo nice.
Great job!

Style Court said...

Anna, I think you once said this painting is among your favorite things, so it's cool that you now have it front and center -- the first thing guests will see. Love how you already have your tablescapes together :)

ALL THE BEST said...

It's looking great Anna! This is the fun part!!

Neutral Dwelling said...

Wow! That will get your guests attention and intrigue their senses to be ready for a visual adventure. I love it!

Unknown said...

love the chandelier! good job!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Anna,
I cannot wait to get a copy of that book you all are talking about!

And, your tablescape looks lovely!

xo,
Melissa

MrsKatherineA said...

She's beautiful - as is everything about the space you created - absolutly LOVE the light fixture creating a crown for her!

Suzy said...

Hi Anna, the house is looking great, and I must say I'm a bit jealous of your Bromley! If you ever get to country Victoria the Daylesford Hotel is a must for food and wine buffs, but they also have a Bromley sitting above their fireplace, its what first drew my attention to his work.

TIG said...

Anna, your entryway looks fantastic! Love your Bromley and love the way things are beginning to take shape in your new home.

Pigtown*Design said...

Anna... I just got a copy of "Adventure" too... for free at the Book Thing. I wrote about it. I love how you've placed it. I am still reading it, so haven't put it anywhere except next to the sofa

I think your painting looks like Ronda from All the Best!

Brilliant Asylum said...

Beautiful table top. I think Style Court can take credit for an Osa Johnson rennaisance among the bloggers, as she is the reason I too own a copy.