Sunday 25 November 2007

A Christmas Competition


Last weekend I received these two beautiful Christmas images from Jill, a reader in Illinois which made me start to think how nice it would be to see more of people's images of Christmas in their home and or town/city. Then I came up with the idea for an "Absolutely Beautiful" Christmas Competition as below;

The Absolutely Beautiful Christmas Competition


To enter, please email me anna@blackandspiro.com.au some pictures of Christmas in your home or home town/city with a brief description of what Christmas means to you. Depending on how many submissions I receive I will post each one in a once a week posting which will contain all of the submissions I have received that week. I will be asking readers to vote each week on which one they like best and then 4 days before Christmas I will post the finalists and then ask readers to again vote on the one which they feel should win the competition. I will announce the winner on Christmas Eve.

The winner will receive one of my custom made one off Black & Spiro Couture cushions. I will email the winner some of the cushions currently available and they will be able to select which one they want. The cushion will be posted out to the winner.

I can't wait to see what happens at Christmas in your town/home. Please don't be shy about sending in your submissions - I think we will all love seeing what other people around the world get up to at this beautiful time of year!!

xoAnna


Oh, and by the way I will be treating Jill's images above as my first submission. I will post her images again at the end of this week with the beautiful email she sent me.

22 comments:

blah said...

Dear Anna ! What a great idea - I'm thinking thinking thinking of what I can submit!!! :-)

Style Court said...

What a clever idea Anna! So "It's a Small World Afterall" :)

RP said...

This is so exciting!!!!

Sprout Gallery said...

Can you include photos of your house at Christmas time too...please!

Gill said...

What a fun idea...and we get to be nosey and see other peoples Christmas decor.
xo
Gillian

Pigtown*Design said...

What a wonderful idea!

Ann said...

What a lovely idea. I'd really like to join in, if I may!

Ann
http://www.redactedrecipes.com/

Sabina said...

what a wonderful idea - i'll get to work on mine!!

Sarah Ridgley said...

sounds like fun! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Anna,

What an absolutely beautiful idea! :-)

I love it. I'll try to submit some as soon as I can gather them!

xo,
Melissa

RP said...

I have a question. How many pics can you submit?

Anna Spiro said...

Oh yes Artworks - I will post pictures of Christmas at my house and also the Christmas display we create at Black & Spiro too!
XO
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

You certainly can join in Ann - just email me your submission to my email addres!!
XO
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Mrs Potter - you can submit as many pictures as you want - I may edit some of them though when I post the submissions!
Xo
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Everyone - I can't wait to receive your entries - I have already received a couple which I'll post on Friday this week!
XO
Anna

Ann said...

You won't mind if mine are food-related, will you? :-)
http://www.redactedrecipes.com/

katiedid said...

I love a good game! And what a great way to get inspiration from everyone! Great idea Anna. I hope I can get something together to send to you. :)

girl meets glamour said...

What a great idea Anna! Can't wait to see the entries :)

~Kate

Cakespy said...

Sweet idea! I just sent a picture :-)

Jennifer said...

Fabulous idea! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's images.

franki durbin said...

Oh how glamorous. Jill's home would be lovely any day of the year, but I really love her judicious use of holiday lighting and decor. Beautiful!

The perfect blend of spirit and restraint. Very chic (and I'm loving her arched windows and doorways!)

Allyson said...

Hi - This is my first blog experience, I'm not sure this will end up in the right place. I love your brass chair. I have a very similar chair in black wood, that is as light as a feather. I've been looking for a match to it, I'm glad to see they're out there -I'll keep searching. Great Blog.