Saturday 12 May 2007

Saskia Havekes' Grandiflora





Today I went Mothers Day shopping (along with every other person in Brisbane) and while I was supposed to be looking for things for my mother and my mother-in-law I found a few things for myself too. I justified it that I too was a mother and I too deserve a few special things!! So I bought myself a fantastic mix master, some new baking trays and best of all I bought Saskia Havekes new book Grandiflora. For those of you who don't know about iconic Australian Florist Saskia Havekes she is certainly one creative person. Her Sydney based flower business, Grandiflora is known Australia wide for it's beautiful floral arrangements. Her new books is to die for!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to recieve this faboulous book as a Mothers Day present.Imagine the arrangements you could create yorself after browsing through it's pages. Do you ever look at the flowers in the Veranda magazine and think "Wow" Could I do that?

Anna Spiro said...

MOB - Maybe you will get one of these books for MOthers Day!! And who the heck are you anyway MOB?? I obviously know you!
XO
Anna

momma j lee ♥ said...

good for you to splurge on yourself as well!
happy mothers day.

Anna Spiro said...

MOB - or otherwise known as Mother of Blogger - thanks for commenting! I know who you are!! The use of the words "contemplate" and "wow" tipped me off.
Thanks Mum!!
XO
Anna

Unknown said...

Wow, Australians actually use that word, heh heh?

Anna Spiro said...

The certainly do Pink and especially my mother she says "wow" all the time!!
XO
Anna

Anonymous said...

That book looks amazing, I love how flowers can transform a room -they are elegant, fragrant and beautiful, what more can you ask for?