Friday 11 May 2007

A Modern Shell



I adore this house which is located in Brisbane and was designed by Owen & Vokes. However, if it were mine I would fill it inside with lots of mix matched pieces of furniture, artwork and beautiful collections of things on tables and in antique armoirs. I just love the juxtposition of modern architecture with antique/vintage furniture; probably my signature style.




I obviously do love this style of house as I was just looking in my files and I found these 2 images above as well which are very similar styles of houses to the top house. I have posted about the Krakoff's house (bottom image) before as I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Inside this house they have used a more decorated eclectic look and it looks fabulous.

9 comments:

Catalina said...

Love the space forms!

momma j lee ♥ said...

i love the last photo. just dreamy.

Erin said...

I adore the bottom photo of the pool & house...it feels so fanciful and romantic. Lovely...

Anonymous said...

Great post! I also love the contrasting styles and those houses are brilliant.

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Caty! I do too - such great spaces as backdrops for beautiful things!
XO
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Me too JLee - I just love that house SOOOO much and the pool is gorgeous too!

Anna Spiro said...

Me too Erin. I love pools surrounded by grass!
XO
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks alot Chelsea!! Glad you enjoyed this post!
XO
Anna

Anonymous said...

Tonight I have been in an Owen+Volkes designed home and I was amazed by it,s design credentials.
The detail was incredibly clever.
Congrats to the Architect and the Owners.Congrats to you too Anna for your contemplation of, and contribution to Brisbane Style