Thursday 22 February 2007

New Window Display at Black & Spiro







Today the girls and I created a new window display at Black & Spiro. I wanted a bright, fresh look so we opted for one of the gorgeous floral display drops I just purchased from Mokum. Into the mix we threw one of the much loved pink and mother of pearl inlay chest of drawers, some of our couture cushions, lots of mixed floral ginger jars and of course fresh flowers which always finish off a display perfectly. The girls were a bit worried that it was all a bit much but I said to them to think outside the square and opt for a bit of the unexpected especially when doing a window display as it is important that we catch the attention of passers by!!

14 comments:

Shell said...

This would definately catch my attention. I love the bright colours, and the ginger jars are so fun. A stunning display!

Jo Walker said...

Confronting and fabulous! A mix, match and clash triumph.....is it obvious I like it? :)

MODERN COUNTRY said...

You are absolutely right! This would definately cath my attention! Lovely colours and nice coordinated :)I tried to find your webpage, but it wasn`t up and going yet. When does it do?
Greetings from a Norwegian girl who lives in The Netherlands

kim. said...

Stunning colours!!! And there's that chest of drawers again. *sigh*

The Peak of Chic said...

So vibrant and fresh! That chest of drawers makes me swoon!

reina said...

You did such a great job capturing the spirit of spring! Im leaving your window open on my computer so it can bring my day inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Those wonderful colors look good enough to eat. The remnant cushion there goes perfectly as well. Well done for your bravery - so you think outside the "square" in Oz? We tend to think outside the "box" over here! Too funny.

a. said...

Yep there is that chest of drawers again that I LOVE!

Style Court said...

Love the riot of warm colors and patterns. Orange, pink and yellow work so well together!

Di Overton said...

Why do your windows have to be on the other side of the world?

kstyle said...

Oh aAnna, I am pining away for your brisbane weather. Woke up to 9 inches of snow today. Am so missing The Sunshine Coast right now and your window display just makes me want to hop on the next plane. k

Anna Spiro said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments which seem to appear so often in my inbox - you are all so kind!! I really love this display too!!

** Terramia ** said...

Bright and beautiful... that *is* the image of Spring!

Looks stunning... (:

CeLee said...

i love the beautiful jars & boxes ... so delicate & eclectic!