Saturday 10 February 2007

Guest Post from Sally - An Organised Interior

Would this amazing Poliform wardrobe look as stunning if there were clothes crammed in the drawers, coats on the floor and rows of empty coat hangers (because your laundry is unwashed and unironed)?



The importance of organisation cannot be underestimated in having a stunning interior!

Yes, I know I can be pedantic– I could dream of nothing more enjoyable and relaxing than a Friday night at home, a glass of Savignon Blanc in one hand – my labeling machine in the other…

Being organised is not only a matter of aesthetics, but also can be an extremely liberating exercise! It is really quite surprising what a short amount of time it takes to maintain an organised office or home.

For those who are time poor – employ a professional organiser to coach you to a more streamlined home and life. For those of you who feel you have the time, motivation and skills to “go it alone”, there are some fantastic products to help you.


Kikki-k is my absolute favourite site. The passionate founder – Kristina “Kikki” Karlsson was a girl passionate about Swedish Design, and organisation. Longing for an office which would be an extension of her personality and her love of all things beautiful – she created Kikki-k.

So, I challenge you – take the opportunity THIS WEEKEND – to organise a drawer or a cupboard or your coffee table. You might be inspired to do one more! Don’t try to tackle your whole house in a weekend. I guarantee you will feel absolutely FANTASTIC once you have done it. But, believe me, a glass of wine in one hand makes it SO much more enjoyable….


There you have it - that's my passion - beautiful & ORGANISED interiors. For more information on professional organisation please contact me at Black & Spiro as we are about to set up an Organised Interiors department at Black & Spiro. My email address is sally@blackandspiro.com.au

Thanks for reading!!

XOXO
Sally

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Sally. I wish you lived in the USA next door to me. This is the most difficult part of the whole Casapinka endeavour for me. Trying to convey to Anna how i really need organizational ideas, especially for the kids' roo and my studio, built into the design. So overwhelmed by these thoughts (despite REALLY wanting it) I don't even think I've discussed it with her yet. I buy the magazines, read the books, but implementing it is so confusing (other than filing papers etc.) I've got the wine part down, though! Thanks for a terrific post.

kim. said...

Great post Sally. If I can tear myself away from my laptop today I just may take on a little organizing - with a glass of wine of course!

Pigtown*Design said...

I live in an 11 ft. wide house with only two closets. Organization is such a huge problem! Thanks for the good suggestions.

Anonymous said...

I love the look of that walk-in wardrobe and the neat ikea style office, it's a dream but once you take the things out to work and lay things all over the desk the tidyness would not last long?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kickstart Sally - the wardrobe is a disaster zone, I will check back in with you and let you know when I'm sorted!!(wine in hand of course!)

Anna Spiro said...

Sal, Thank you so much for inspiring me to clean out a cupboard. I cleaned out my linen cupboard at Straddie today and wow I just feel so fantastic!! All my napery and towels and sheets are organised and I even have a couple of baskets in there with small tools and light bulbs in one and candles in another. THANK YOU for doing this post otherwise I would never have cleaned out this cupboard today and guess what I am even now inspired to start cleaning out some of my cupboards at home one at a time. THANKS girlfriend!!
Anna

The Peak of Chic said...

Sally- couldn't agree with you more! I get the biggest sense of accomplishment when I organize.

Avril said...

Sally, a fantastic post! I thought I was a fairly organised person before I met you! You have encouraged me to be more organised, it is a great feeling!

Gypsy Purple said...

Great post...very inspirational...I needed that

Chamara

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone for your comments.

It sounds like I inspired some of you to get your world a little more organised - so that is FANTASTIC! I even inspired myself to to a bit of 're-orginising' over the weekend.

I'll look forward to sharing another post with you all again soon....