Friday 2 February 2007

Emily's Bedroom Scheme



I thought I would post some pictures of a scheme I am currently working on for a bedroom for a 5 year old girl, Emily. I am using a mixture of florals and stripes in pinks, oranges and greens. We are doing a feature wall in the floral Osborne & Little wallpaper, doona cover in the Designers Guild stripe, bed head and bed valance in the plain pink, lamp with lampshade as shown above in the gorgeous Designers Guild green, pink and silver silk and then we are making drapes in orange linen with a band across the bottom in an embroidered floral fabric as per the above photo with a pink and orange braid sewn across the join line. I will post some more pictures as the job starts to take shape.

8 comments:

Di Overton said...

You can't beat Designers Guild if you want to make a bold statement.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

What a lucky, LUCKY girl Emily is! And the room looks like it will be a great place for her to grow into - not some little girly place.

But shhhhh....don't tell Skylar. She'll want one of her own...

Anna Spiro said...

I agree Di!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Maryam. It will be beautiful once it is finished. I am going to post photos once it's done. She is a very lucky little girl and I'm glad you said that it isn't too girly - that was what I was trying to achieve - a room which will grow with her and she can add her collections to over time. By the way I love your post today Maryam - that white house looks amazing!!

The Peak of Chic said...

The room will be gorgeous!!

Gypsy Purple said...

Beautiful beautiful fabrics...I love Designers Guild...I agree with Maryam...lucky girl

Chamara

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

THis is going to be a gorgeous, beautiful room. I love the color combination.

Anonymous said...

I bet Maryam just LURVES our pink room, Anna! (hee hee hee.) I think this looks so fun and tasty. Great fabrics and lampshades. I am really looking forward to seeing the end result, which I know will be beyond wonderful.