Saturday 3 February 2007

Black Yellow & White Showcase



A Black, Yellow & White colour scheme was chosen by Kelly Wearstler at the Viceroy Hotel in Palm Springs above.


Some Black, Yellow & White glamour above in a bedroom created by Lee Boran Kleinhelter from Pieces in Atlanta as featured in Cottage Living magazine which I found via Stylecourt.


Vintage Black & Yellow Enamel compact from Ebay



Florence Broadhurst cushion on Black & White ticking dining chair at Black & Spiro.


Black and Yellow Romo wallpaper available from Black & Spiro above.


Yellow and white light from Pieces above.


One of the rooms I decorated in Black, Yellow & White at Black & Spiro before Christmas above.


Beautiful piece from Jongeriuslab which I found via Amy at Design DNA


I love this vintage Black, Yellow & White Lattice wallpaper available from Secondhand Rose.

Vintage Wedgewood Jasper Biscuit Barrel from Ebay



A gorgeous Black, Yellow & White room which Courtney at Stylecourt emailed to me a few weeks ago.

A Black, Yellow & White old plate which I found on Ebay



One of my clients called me yesterday to say that she had just purchased a copy of the UK edition of Elle Decoration and on the front cover Black, Yellow & White was showcased. My client's words to me were - "Wow you really were on the mark when you did the Black, Yellow and White display at Black & Spiro before Christmas as I just bought Elle Decoration and it's all over the front cover". I was so thrilled to have received her call. So today I thought I would showcase some Black, Yellow and White images which I love. My favourite thing above is the black and yellow plate. What is your favourite?

20 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Stunning colours together ...lovely pics...I`m mad about the very first one!!

Chamara

LisaJay said...

oooooh, the plate is beautiful! I also love the Romo wallpaper. Great stuff!

ALL THE BEST said...

Anna, you've read my mind!! I have been thinking about redoing my bedroom ever since The World of Interiors featured Kate Spade's bedroom (yellow, white, black and grey). You can see it on my site. I am going to have to work that yellow Florence Broadhurst pillow into my scheme.
As always, thanks for the great post!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks for looking Chamara!

Anna Spiro said...

Hi LisaJay - The plate is my favourite too!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Ronda!! I too loooooooooove that Kate Spade bedroom - I had seen it on Stylecout's site a while back but I only just last week got my copy of it down here as magazines from OS take such a long time to get down here!! Glad you like the Florence Broadhurst cushion. You would love some of the others I have at Black & Spiro. I'll send those pics through to you early next week. Thanks again for the kind comments!
Anna

Jo Walker said...

Kelly Wearstler and the Palm Springs' Viceroy. Long live the Queen of Hollywood Regency.

Anna Spiro said...

Here, Here MCJ - Long Live Kelly Wearster the Queen of Hollywood Regency!!

Anonymous said...

The compact! What a find. I would love to sit on the edge of one of those cane chairs at the Viceroy and pull it out so I could secretly watch the room behind me (I'm into the total Mata Hari thing, I've just decided.) Beautiful post, Anna.

The Peak of Chic said...

Anna- Everything you featured is just beautiful. I esp. love the Romo wallpaper!

Pigtown*Design said...

I adore the Wedgwood! And everything else. The combination is so fresh!

Anonymous said...

This is so striking - even better in real life - I dropped in on saturday and couldn't stop loving those yellow and black/white cushions on the sofa - stunning!

I've been having some dificulties posting these last couple of times - wou;dn't connect me - strange ..... so,

Amanda,
your room looked great - gorgeous chair.

Avril, Sally and Amanda - what a glamorous group of girls you all are.

... and Anna, where's the pic of you. I'm sure the girls will manage to post one for everyone soon, right!

Anonymous said...

I just arrived home from a weekend in the country and during my 2hour car trek home pondered what would be awaiting me at abt! So after dropping the bags and greeting the children, I slipped away to catch the next chapter!The pictures that greeted me were absolutley stunning, infact, far too difficult to single out only one favourite! Thanks abt for the very beautiful and "on the mark" visuals!!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Pink - I have sat in one of those gorgeous wing chairs at the Viceroy in Santa Monica but I next time I would really like to join you in sitting in one of the yellow cane chairs at the Viceroy in Palm Springs!!
Anna

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks POC and Fairfax for your kind notes!! Glad you like the wallpaper POC and especially glad you like the biscuit barrell Fairfax - I haven't actually seen one of these before so it was exciting to find it on Ebay when I was on the hunt for black and yellow for this post!!

Anna Spiro said...

So great to hear from Leanne. I'm so pleased you dropped into the shop yesterday even though we are a bit bare at the moment while we wait for our new things to arrive. Glad you liked the cushions!!

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Ann, it sound's like you have had a wonderful weekend in the country!! I'm jealous of you!! Thanks also for your very encouraging comments. I'm so glad you liked the showcase!!

CeLee said...

great collection of images ... love the color combo! :)

kstyle said...

Beautiful post aanna. Yellow is such a happy color. Love the plate also. k

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

Hi anna gorgeous finds. Of course my favorite is the hotel decorated by one of my favorite Kelly Wearstler.