Thursday 25 January 2007

Everyone's Talking About Pink & Brown...

Pink & Brown setting by Jan Showers above.

Pink and Brown in nature above.

The Barclay Butera room as posted by Amy at Design DNA.

The Ruthie Sommers Pink and Brown and White room above as posted by Stylecourt.

A Pink and Brown patterned fabric above available from Black & Spiro.



There's alot being said around the traps about Pink and Brown. Stylecourt has been talking about the combination of Pink & Brown in some of her posts lately with a reader asking her advice about the use of Pink and Brown in her nursery. Stylecourt also posted recently the room I have pictured above by the much decorated American designer Ruthie Sommers - again the mix of Pink and Brown with White trims is evident. New Blogger friend, Amy from the beautiful Blog, Design DNA posted about the juxtaposition of Pink, Brown and Gold on her site a couple of weeks ago claiming that it is one of her favourite colour combinations. The above photo of a lounge room by Barclay Butera was posted by Amy and I just loved it so much that I had to include it in my post today. I have added a few Pink & Brown things I have found and also a picture of a setting by Jan Showers which I adore. The way I think of this colour combo is - it's like neopolitan icecream - Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla - what a great combination!! What are your thoughts, do you like Pink and Brown as a colour combination?

16 comments:

ALL THE BEST said...

Done well, it's fantastic!! I was so happy to see a photo of Jan Shower's work! I love her style.

Anonymous said...

I themed my wedding in pink and brown a few years ago. We had chocolate cake (with chocolate icing) decorated with pink flowers. My dress was pink (very pale/dusky/musk colour) and my husband wore a chocolate brown suit. For favours we had chocolate brownies in a white box with pink ribbons. It was lovely!

The Peak of Chic said...

Anna-
I adore that color combination. It's so snappy (for lack of a better word!). You're so right- just like Neopolitan ice cream!

a. said...

I love this color combo as well. No wonder we all get along! It does remind me of ice cream...subliminal messages through decor ;-)

My favorite of all time is pink and gold. Oh and a duck egg (no one uses that term in the US unfortunately) or robins egg blue.

Style Court said...

Love that particular Jan Showers vignette you chose! It's been a favorite for a while. Many thanks for the mention.

Di Overton said...

The Barclay Butera room is a real eye catcher. Look at those leaves sitting in front of those cushions. The colours of a Laduree box.

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog, I love your designs, everything is beautiful!

design dna said...

the jan flowers photo is superb!

design dna said...

showers! terrible typist!

Anonymous said...

Jan Showers = Little bit of heaven. Never thought of pink and gold and will now think often of it. I love that there are always new color combos occurring. Love the pink walls with the Chant covered chairs. Hmmm. reminds me a bit of something going on at a little pink casa...

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

first of all, I so wish I was at vic's wedding above:-) these colors are faaaaabulous together. so very glam.
PS Thank you for your sweet comment today - it meant a lot to me.

Anna Spiro said...

Wow Vic, your wedding sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks ATB, Peak of Chic, PP, Stylecourt, Di, Amy, Pink & Maryam and also Christina for your lovely comments - I think we all like Pink & Brown - The Neopolitan Colour Combo!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts today and PP I think you're right - we all do have similar tastes and that is probably why we all get on so well!! Great post today PP might I also just add - Lurking Bloggers!! I think I might do a post about Lurkers following on from yours.
Anna

The Peak of Chic said...

Anna- Your post on brown and pink prompted a flashback last night- does anybody remember the article from House Beautiful (I think it was HB)from 2000/2001 that featured two young decorators, Heather Hoyt and Alison Levasseur? They had decorated a room at a showhouse in NYC and it was done completely in brown and pink. It was so feminine and slightly over the top, but I thought it was a good use of those two colors. I'll try to find it in my files and possibly post it on my blog. Does anybody know what became of Hoyt-Levasseur??? They seemed quite talented.

Anonymous said...

Pink is/was always my favorite color. In the late 90s or early OOs, I saw a piece in Martha Stewart Living featuring a pink/brown decor. I'll never forget the dark brown velvet drapes with a pink silk lining peeking out....So Lovely!

It's been my signature combo ever since.

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks Jennifer - wow that pink/brown room sounds amazing - I especially like the sound of the dark brown velvet drapes with the pink silk lining!!